Scrambled Egg MuffinsBreakfasts
SCRAMBLED EGG MUFFINS
These scrambled egg muffins are a great way to change up your daily breakfast menu. You can add a different meat or lots of vegetables to expand the selection and accommodate a variety of personal tastes. They work up quickly and are fun to make.
- ½ pound ground pork sausage; I really like chorizo for an added kick
- 12 eggs
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped green or red bell pepper
- ½ cup1/2 chopped tomato
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup shredded cheese of your choice.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 12 muffin tin or line with paper muffin liners.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and stir in sausage; cook and stir until sausage is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink – about 10-15 minutes; drain.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl. Stir in onion, green pepper, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Mix in sausage and Cheddar cheese. Spoon by 1/3 cupfuls into muffin tin.
- Bake in preheated oven until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes.