North Dakota PuffsAppetizers
NORTH DAKOTA PUFFS
This is a very tasty snack that Wendy Moore made and brought to the retreat. Everyone raved about it and wanted the recipe. So here it is! It also goes by another name - Crack Puff - as it is so addictive. Lays Potato Chips has nothing on this snack!
1½ bags Market Basket Hulless Corn Puffs (in the chip aisle)
1¼ cups brown sugar
2/3 cup corn syrup
2 sticks butter, not margarine
1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Put puffs in a turkey roasting pan or similar.
- Brown sugar, corn syrup, and butter in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Once boiling, add baking soda. Still until very foamy.
- Pour over puffs and mix to coat each piece of puffs.
- Cook for about 45 minutes. Stir every 15 minutes – really!
- Spread on parchment paper to cool. Once cooled, break apart.
- If there is any left (ha ha!), store in an airtight container.