Blackberry Upside-Down CakeDesserts
From Butter with a Side of Bread
This easy and beautiful blackberry cake is so perfect for spring and summer months. Blackberries are in season during the summer, so take advantage! Making this blackberry upside-down cake recipe is great for summer parties or picnics; take it to your next gathering and watch how quickly it disappears!
1 box of white cake mix
12 ounce can of sprite or 7-Up
¼ cup sugar
2 cups of blackberries, washed and patted dry
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9” cake pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread washed berries on the bottom of the prepared cake pan.
- Sprinkle sugar on top of the blackberries and stir gently to combine.
- Pour the box of dry cake mix on top of the sugared blackberries and spread evenly around the pan.
- Pour the can of soda on top of the cake mix. Be sure to cover the whole cake while pouring. The soda will foam up as it mixes with the cake mix.
- Gently mix the cake mix and soda just a little, being careful not to disturb the blackberries too much. You want them to stay on the bottom of the cake pan.
- Bake the cake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes. Once baked, pull out of the oven and let cool for 10 minutes on a cooking rack.
- Overturn the cake pan upside-down on to a serving platter. Lift the pan up and allow cake to cool completely. After it cools, dust with powdered sugar and serve with ice cream, of course!