Chicken Pineapple TacosMain Dishes
CHICKEN PINEAPPLE TACOS
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken (about ½ of the chicken)
- 1-2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1.5 cups diced fresh pineapple
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons juice of 1 lime
- Dash of salt
- 10-12 corn tortillas
- Shredded lettuce.
- To make the chicken mixture, combine all the ingredients into a small microwaveable bowl. Start with the seasonings, then add the lime juice and water and mix with a fork until well combined.
- Add the chicken and stir to combine into the seasoning mixture. Mix together with a fork until fully combined and well coated.
- Microwave for about 1-2 minutes until the chicken is warmed through.
- To make the pineapple salsa, combine all the salsa ingredients into a medium-sized bowl and mix well.
- To heat the tortillas, heat a skillet over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes. Brush oil into the pan and on both sides of the tortillas. Heat for 30-40 seconds on each side. Repeat until all tortillas have been charred.
- Hold a tortilla shell open and scoop some warm chicken mixture into the center. Top with some pineapple salsa and shredded lettuce. Repeat with the remaining shells. Enjoy!