Kentucky Spirit 6-Month BOM Class Registration Fee
Kentucky Spirits has all of the design elements that you just love in a Judy Niemeyer pattern. This stunning quilt measures 99" x 99". Join us to learn curved piecing (it's easy, really) and Judy's overall paper piecing technique. Sewing machine required.
Please note that when you sign up for this class, you are committing to the monthly class fee whether you attend the class or not. A credit card authorization form is required to participate in this class. If you do not attend any given month, your credit card will automatically be charged on the date of the class. Minimum of 5 students is required to have class.
If you would like some help with coloring your quilt, make an appointment with Cyndi to design your color palette on Quiltster and get help with fabric selection.
Because we appreciate your business, Emma’s Quilt Cupboard offers a 10% discount on all fabrics, books, and supplies that you purchase for your class. You will also receive 10% off long-arm quilting services for your class project.
Class Name: Kentucky Spirits Block of the Month Registration
Class Date: Sunday, Jun. 11, Jul. 16, Aug. 20, Sept. 17, Oct. 15, and Nov. 19, 2023
Optional Pre-Cutting Class: Wednesday, May 17, 6 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Class Time: 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Class Instructor: Cheryl Martel
Registration Fee: $50
Class Fee: $50 per class
Pattern Required: Kentucky Spirits by Judy Niemeyer Quilting
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
Passport Class: No
- Emma’s Quilt Cupboard & Sewing Center maintains a strong commitment to education and expanding your quilting skills and knowledge. Because of this, our promise to you is to NEVER cancel a class, regardless of the number of people who have signed up.
- Emma’s Quilt Cupboard & Sewing Center offers a 10% discount for all Passport-Eligible classes. This discount applies to all fabric, books/patterns, and class-specific supplies that you purchase for class (i.e., specialty rulers). Basic sewing supplies and tools are not included.
- Please note that we have a refrigerator and microwave in the shop’s kitchen. Feel free to use them for your lunch or snack.
- You will only be “officially” signed up for a class when payment has been received. You can sign up for a class on the website, over the phone, in person at the shop, or by mail, using a credit card, cash, or check.
- Our goal is to provide sufficient time during class for you to complete your class projects or to learn a specific technique. However, please remember that some classes may require homework or “catch up” for less-experienced quilters.
- A supply list will be provided for each class. Please have your fabrics and supplies assembled/purchased before the class so that we may start on time. Anyone at the shop will be happy to help you with your fabric selections if you would find that useful. Basic supplies for a quilting class include a sewing machine, cutting mat, rotary cutter, ruler, and basic sewing kit (scissors, seam ripper, pins, etc.).
- Each student must have a legal copy of the class pattern or book to participate. No photocopies or sharing of books or patterns is allowed in class to ensure we do not violate any copyright laws.
- Refunds for classes will be given with a minimum of 1-week’s advance notice. Should you withdraw from a class with less than 1-week’s notice, we will issue a store credit, providing we receive at least 24 hours’ notice.
- Please note for all machine classes: please bring your sewing machine in good working order and be familiar with its basic functions (e.g., threading the machine, changing the needle, needle position adjustment, and stitch length). While we will do our best to help you with any problems, we are not familiar with all machines. Therefore, it is important that you have a thorough working knowledge of your machine. Remember your foot pedal and power cord!
- Please turn off your cell phone, pager, or other electronic devices. If you must take a call, please leave the classroom to do so.
- Many people are allergic to fragrance. Please refrain from wearing perfume to class.