Emma's 2023 Fall Quilting Retreat
For the past 16 years, we have been hosting a quilting retreat at the Resort & Conference Center at Hyannis, Massachusetts, and it is recognized as one of the premiere retreats in the area. Recently, we expanded to two retreats per year, both at the same location: and the hotel has reserved two specific weekends for our group every year. This hotel has recently been sold and will be changing it's name to The Irish Village later this Spring. You may be familiar with this name as they were formerly the Irish Village in Yarmouth, MA,, which has now closed. The new owners have built a fabulous reputation as a family friendly property and have purchased the Resort & Conference Center to add the conference aspect to expand their offerings,
The spring retreat will always be the first weekend in April (Saturday-Tuesday), and the fall retreat will always be the second weekend in November (Saturday-Tuesday). Having this certainty on the dates is wonderful, as it allows you to plan vacations in advance and coordinate with your work schedules. Believe it or not, I've had attendees schedule weddings and surgeries around my retreat dates!
I specifically selected this hotel because it puts particular emphasis on its conference facilities in addition to creating a beautiful family resort experience. The benefit of that is that the lighting and power are incredible and can easily accommodate a larger group such as ours with immense power needs. Think sewing machines, lights, irons, charging stations at just about every table, and I'm sure you can appreciate how important this is.
My vision has always been to have the "club med" of retreats, providing you with a stress-free weekend of fun, friendship, eating, sewing, learning, eating, shopping, community, massages, and did I say eating!
Our retreats are for 3 nights and 4 days, starting Saturday at noon, and ending on Tuesday at 4 p.m. The price includes your meals -- starting with Saturday dinner and ending with Tuesday lunch -- your sleeping room, 24-hour secure access to our sewing room, as well as a class workshop, a mystery quilt, and other gifts and activities.
We are now taking deposits for our 2023 and 2024 retreats. A $75 deposit will hold your spot. Once your make a deposit, you can choose your own payment schedule to pay off your balance, as long as it is paid off before the deadline. Please refer to the drop down menu for specific pricing for the date and accommodation you are interested in. Our refund policy is as follows:
For the Spring retreats:
* Your $75 deposit is refundable up until January 1 should you need to cancel for any reason.
* Final payment for your retreat balance is due no later than February 28. Any payments made on your retreat balance prior to this date are refundable (minus your deposit).
* Once the February 28 deadline for payment has passed, you will no longer be eligible for any refund.
For the Fall Retreats:
* Your $75 deposit is refundable up until August 10 should you need to cancel for any reason.
* Final payment for your retreat balance is due no later than October 10. Any payments made on your retreat balance prior to this date are refundable (minus your deposit).
* Once the October 10 deadline for payment has passed, you will no longer be eligible for any refund.
If you would like to put down a deposit only at this time, click here to go to that page.