Westalee/Sew Steady 2-Day Ruler Workshop: Sampler Set and Feather Set
Sampler day is the perfect new or review for the versatile Westalee Sampler Set. This workshop will cover basic set-up as needed, trouble-shooting typical problems, and how to creative many design options with your Sampler Set. We will utilize Janet Collins workbook for designs for new students and additional designs beyond the book for returning students.
Now that you are comfortable with the basics, the second day will focus on feathers, borders, mini-fills, wreaths and more. This day you will use the Westalee Feather Set along with many other rulers that will be available for you to try. You will learn the tips for these amazing rulers which help you create professional-looking designs without years of practice.
If you have already taken this class and now want to apply it to quilting a real quilt, you can join this class as well and work on designing your quilting and stitching in out during this class with Adele's instruction and guidance. When you sign up for the class, let us know that is your intention so we can plan accordingly.
Class Name: Westalee/Sew Steady 2-Day Ruler Workshop: Sampler Set and Feather Set
Class Date: Friday and Saturday, September 22-23, 2023
Class Time: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Class Instructor: Adele Scott
Class Fee: $229 (includes lunch)
Rulers Required: Sampler Set and Feather Set
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
Passport Class: No
- Emma’s Quilt Cupboard & Sewing Center maintains a strong commitment to education and expanding your quilting skills and knowledge. Because of this, our promise to you is to NEVER cancel a class, regardless of the number of people who have signed up.
- Emma’s Quilt Cupboard & Sewing Center offers a 10% discount for all Passport-Eligible classes. This discount applies to all fabric, books/patterns, and class-specific supplies that you purchase for class (i.e., specialty rulers). Basic sewing supplies and tools are not included.
- Please note that we have a refrigerator and microwave in the shop’s kitchen. Feel free to use them for your lunch or snack.
- You will only be “officially” signed up for a class when payment has been received. You can sign up for a class on the website, over the phone, in person at the shop, or by mail, using a credit card, cash, or check.
- Our goal is to provide sufficient time during class for you to complete your class projects or to learn a specific technique. However, please remember that some classes may require homework or “catch up” for less-experienced quilters.
- A supply list will be provided for each class. Please have your fabrics and supplies assembled/purchased before the class so that we may start on time. Anyone at the shop will be happy to help you with your fabric selections if you would find that useful. Basic supplies for a quilting class include a sewing machine, cutting mat, rotary cutter, ruler, and basic sewing kit (scissors, seam ripper, pins, etc.).
- Each student must have a legal copy of the class pattern or book to participate. No photocopies or sharing of books or patterns is allowed in class to ensure we do not violate any copyright laws.
- Refunds for classes will be given with a minimum of 1-week’s advance notice. Should you withdraw from a class with less than 1-week’s notice, we will issue a store credit, providing we receive at least 24 hours’ notice.
- Please note for all machine classes: please bring your sewing machine in good working order and be familiar with its basic functions (e.g., threading the machine, changing the needle, needle position adjustment, and stitch length). While we will do our best to help you with any problems, we are not familiar with all machines. Therefore, it is important that you have a thorough working knowledge of your machine. Remember your foot pedal and power cord!
- Please turn off your cell phone, pager, or other electronic devices. If you must take a call, please leave the classroom to do so.
- Many people are allergic to fragrance. Please refrain from wearing perfume to class.