Snails Trail Alfresco
Snail's Trail Al Fresco combines Snail's Trail blocks with diamond shapes to create this colorful version of a traditional Storm at Sea quilt. The Creative Grids Square on Square Trim Tool includes markings to create the perfect-sized center four-patch. After that, creating the Snail’s Trail block is just a matter of color placement!
The diamonds are cut with the Creative Grids 2 Peaks in 1 Ruler. And, when you combine them, the secondary pattern appears.
Sewing machine required.
Class Name: Snail's Trail Al Fresco
Class Date: Saturday, August 26, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. and
Sunday, September 10, 12 noon - 4 p.m.
Class Instructor: Mary Gay Leahy
Class Fee: $100
Pattern Required: Snail's Trail Alfresco by Cut Loose Press
Skill Level: Intermediate
Passport Class: Yes
Special supplies required for class:
Snail's Trail Alfresco by Cut Loose Press
Creative Grids 2 Peaks in 1 Triangle Quilt Ruler
Creative Grids Square on Square Trim Tool 8” finished
- Emma’s Quilt Cupboard & Sewing Center maintains a strong commitment to education and expanding your quilting skills and knowledge. Because of this, our promise to you is to NEVER cancel a class, regardless of the number of people who have signed up.
- Emma’s Quilt Cupboard & Sewing Center offers a 10% discount for all Passport-Eligible classes. This discount applies to all fabric, books/patterns, and class-specific supplies that you purchase for class (i.e., specialty rulers). Basic sewing supplies and tools are not included.
- Please note that we have a refrigerator and microwave in the shop’s kitchen. Feel free to use them for your lunch or snack.
- You will only be “officially” signed up for a class when payment has been received. You can sign up for a class on the website, over the phone, in person at the shop, or by mail, using a credit card, cash, or check.
- Our goal is to provide sufficient time during class for you to complete your class projects or to learn a specific technique. However, please remember that some classes may require homework or “catch up” for less-experienced quilters.
- A supply list will be provided for each class. Please have your fabrics and supplies assembled/purchased before the class so that we may start on time. Anyone at the shop will be happy to help you with your fabric selections if you would find that useful. Basic supplies for a quilting class include a sewing machine, cutting mat, rotary cutter, ruler, and basic sewing kit (scissors, seam ripper, pins, etc.).
- Each student must have a legal copy of the class pattern or book to participate. No photocopies or sharing of books or patterns is allowed in class to ensure we do not violate any copyright laws.
- Refunds for classes will be given with a minimum of 1-week’s advance notice. Should you withdraw from a class with less than 1-week’s notice, we will issue a store credit, providing we receive at least 24 hours’ notice.
- Please note for all machine classes: please bring your sewing machine in good working order and be familiar with its basic functions (e.g., threading the machine, changing the needle, needle position adjustment, and stitch length). While we will do our best to help you with any problems, we are not familiar with all machines. Therefore, it is important that you have a thorough working knowledge of your machine. Remember your foot pedal and power cord!
- Please turn off your cell phone, pager, or other electronic devices. If you must take a call, please leave the classroom to do so.
- Many people are allergic to fragrance. Please refrain from wearing perfume to class.