2023 Hoopsisters Registration - Navigator
We are delighted to offer the new Hoopsisters 2023 Exclusive Dealer Block of the Month machine embroidery quilt. This new quilt features the classic center medallion quilt layout with an updated look and color scheme. Hoopsisters continues to create some of the most innovative quilt-as-you-go, in-the-hoop projects. In addition to making quilts, their patterns can be used in other projects. There is nothing like a Hoopsisters Block of the Month to help you learn to use and be comfortable with your embroidery machine. Embroidery machine required.
Once you have signed up, we will email you a supply list for the class.
For the next 10 months you will have so much fun making your quilt blocks in the hoop of your embroidery machine and will have a gorgeous quilt when you are finished.
We will meet the third Saturday of the month for a demonstration of techniques for the blocks. This is a lecture/demo format; no actual sewing will be done during the class. This could change, but most of the students prefer this format as they do not want to bring their machine to class since they tend to be heavy. However, for new students we recommend that you bring your embroidery machine to the first class so you can practice making a block with instruction so you are comfortable with the technique before you go home to make the rest of your blocks for the month.
When you sign up for this program, you are committing to the monthly fee for the duration of the program. We will keep a credit card authorization form on file for you and will use this card to charge your class fee should you not be able to attend a monthly class. All students are expected to make every effort to attend the monthly class with a minimal amount of absences as this is a Hoopsisters requirement for my store license.
Whether you have been quilting all your life or are just beginning your embroidery journey, we know you will enjoy the experience. We encourage you to laugh, have fun, and get to know your fellow Hoopsisters/Misters. All brands of embroidery machines are welcome, but you must be familiar with your machine’s embroidery functionality.
Class Name: 2023 Hoopsisters BOM - Navigator
Class Date: 3rd Saturday of the Month - 10 months
Class Time: 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Class Instructor: Joanne Cohoon-Winsor
Class Registration Fee: $40 (includes binder, color copies, USB stick)
Class Fee: $30 per class (includes designs)
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
Passport Class: No
- Emma’s Quilt Cupboard & Sewing Center maintains a strong commitment to education and expanding your quilting skills and knowledge. Because of this, our promise to you is to NEVER cancel a class, regardless of the number of people who have signed up.
- Emma’s Quilt Cupboard & Sewing Center offers a 10% discount for all Passport-Eligible classes. This discount applies to all fabric, books/patterns, and class-specific supplies that you purchase for class (i.e., specialty rulers). Basic sewing supplies and tools are not included.
- Please note that we have a refrigerator and microwave in the shop’s kitchen. Feel free to use them for your lunch or snack.
- You will only be “officially” signed up for a class when payment has been received. You can sign up for a class on the website, over the phone, in person at the shop, or by mail, using a credit card, cash, or check.
- Our goal is to provide sufficient time during class for you to complete your class projects or to learn a specific technique. However, please remember that some classes may require homework or “catch up” for less-experienced quilters.
- A supply list will be provided for each class. Please have your fabrics and supplies assembled/purchased before the class so that we may start on time. Anyone at the shop will be happy to help you with your fabric selections if you would find that useful. Basic supplies for a quilting class include a sewing machine, cutting mat, rotary cutter, ruler, and basic sewing kit (scissors, seam ripper, pins, etc.).
- Each student must have a legal copy of the class pattern or book to participate. No photocopies or sharing of books or patterns is allowed in class to ensure we do not violate any copyright laws.
- Refunds for classes will be given with a minimum of 1-week’s advance notice. Should you withdraw from a class with less than 1-week’s notice, we will issue a store credit, providing we receive at least 24 hours’ notice.
- Please note for all machine classes: please bring your sewing machine in good working order and be familiar with its basic functions (e.g., threading the machine, changing the needle, needle position adjustment, and stitch length). While we will do our best to help you with any problems, we are not familiar with all machines. Therefore, it is important that you have a thorough working knowledge of your machine. Remember your foot pedal and power cord!
- Please turn off your cell phone, pager, or other electronic devices. If you must take a call, please leave the classroom to do so.
- Many people are allergic to fragrance. Please refrain from wearing perfume to class.