Sunday, December 17, 2017
Eastern Daylight Time
One of my favorite things to eat is cake. But cookies are a close second. And what could be better than Christmas cookies! So, to aid my addiction and to make you all co-conspirators, we are hosting a good, old-fashioned cookie swap on Sunday, December 17 at 2 p.m. Here are the rules if you want to participate. I've decided to change the rules this year. I've heard that some people are reluctant to sign up because they are intimated by the rules. I want everyone to participate. My overarching rule is that you should bring cookies that you would want to receive. But here are just a few more.
1. The theme is "Christmas cookies."
2. All cookies should be home made.
3. Please bring four dozen total of one or two recipes. Why four dozen? You are going to want to have enough cookies to take home to enjoy for the holidays. You come with four dozen, you go home with four dozen. This will provide a large variety of cookies for everyone, and the table will look stunning! Bake your cookies at least three days in advance. They need to dry out a bit so they transport well - both going to the swap and coming home with you.
4. Please arrange the cookies in a basket or platter and be creative. Bring a large container for you to carry home your cookies.
5. Email a copy of your recipe before the party. We will have recipes available for every participant to address any allergy concerns as well as so you can add them to your Christmas cookie recipe collection.
6. Christmas attire is encouraged!
7. RSVP as soon as you can and let me know what type of cookies you are planning on baking so we can ensure their won't be any duplicate recipes.
8. If you don't have time to bake, or have burnt your cookies but still want to attend, you must go to a real bakery and buy four dozen special, yummy cookies